Dementia Friendly Training: How to Make Your Business and Team Dementia Friendly
Join the global movement to change the way people think, act, and talk about dementia!
A dementia friendly business or community organization is committed to supporting clients, customers and employees on how to recognize signs of dementia and how to best support them and their caregivers.
This training will begin with networking and introductions from 9 am - 9:30 am. The Dementia training will last 1 hour and provide practical tips for you and your staff to identify and support customers with dementia. This session will share five key messages about living with dementia and the simple things you can do to make a difference in your community.
What is a Dementia Friendly business?
- Trains management, employees and members to recognize the signs of dementia.
- Communicates effectively with individuals with dementia.
- Is aware of local resources and supports caregiver employees.
- Recognized as a community partner and social leader
- Increased customer and employee satisfaction.
- Opportunities for publicity and marketing.
- Provide better customer service for all customers and/or members.
- Back to Calendar
This program is being offered with Artis Senior Living of Reading, which provides compassionate memory care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia.