PACT Clinician/Expressive Arts Therapist - Arlington, MA
Ellenhorn is a premier organization with in-depth multidisciplinary expertise and a comprehensive holistic approach to the psychiatric and psychosocial treatment of persons with complex disorders, including long-standing mental illness, addictions, and medical problems. All treatment provided is evidence-based and innovative.
Position Summary: Provides primary support for clients with addictions and mental illnesses symptoms by incorporating a multimodal approach including, writing, drama, dance, movement, painting and/or music elements into the overall Roadmap To Recovery Plan utilized by PACT Team.
Clinicians at Ellenhorn help clients return to functioning in all areas of their lives, including work, school, health, family and other relationships. We have built our program around the Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) model, a multidisciplinary team approach that serves clients wherever they are, in a highly flexible manner. In this model, we work with clients in and outside of a traditional office setting. Clinicians work side by side with client's to build therapeutic relationships focused on restoring their faith that they can master and control their own lives.
- Master’s degree in relevant field required
- Post secondary school education and training is required, including internships and other supervised practical experiences in a clinical or rehabilitation setting with persons with severe and persistent mental illness
- Must be licensed or certified to work in the field, abide by a code of ethical and practice standards and be committed to a process of lifetime knowledge and skills development.
- Must have skills and competencies to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as family and other members or the clients’ network
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable automobile and a clean drivers record
Prior experience working with people with mental illnesses
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide service coordination(case management) for an assigned group of client including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment teams (ITT).
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the client and the ITT
- Provide individual supportive expressive arts therapy and symptom management, ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment paln as clients’ needs change
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences
- Conduct holistic and comprehensive assessment along with other team members
- Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process
- With other team members, participate in on-call rotation for crisis intervention/support 7days/wk, 24hrs/day.
- Document cl progress to maintain a permanent record of cl activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services, with some interventions directed or performed by staff with or without specialty training and skills (ie voc specialists, residential counselors)
- Take the lead role in providing case management and expressive therapies services.
- Occasional interstate travel
- Other related duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Problem solving skills on both strategic and functional levels
- Commitment to company values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, drive a vehicle, use hands to type, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, bend, walk up and down stairs, talk, hear, and see. Employee must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Most work is performed indoors.